A lot of people think about insulation in the winter, but did you know that insulating in the summer is just as important? Here are five key points to keep in mind when considering insulation Minneapolis contractors:
- Warm air always travels to cooler air, so in the hot summer months the warm air that is outside of your home and the warm air that is trapped in your attic will actually travel into your home and warm it, which also makes your air conditioner work harder. In this way, upgrading your insulation will actually lower your summertime electric bills.
- Most siding projects happen in the summer, which is what makes it the perfect time to see if your exterior walls have adequate insulation as well. Our proven “dense pack” and “drill and blow” methods are best performed from the outside of the home: it’s easier and cheaper to install at this time.
- People in the upper Midwest are most likely to replace their roofs in the summer, simply because they don’t have to deal with the ice and the damaging conditions present in winter. Century Insulation Contractors suggest that there are several areas in the top of homes that can only be accessed when the roof is off, making this the best time to check out areas that are not accessible through the home itself.
- According to Energy Star, summer is the best time to apply caulk, as the high temperatures assist in the drying time with caulk once it is applied, and the likelihood of rain delaying or harming your project is much lower during the summer months.
- Summer is also the best time to prevent against ice dams! Don’t believe us? Check out this study by the University of Minnesota on this very topic!
Insulation Minneapolis | We offer complete Home Attic Insulation
We all know that attic insulation is essential for every home in Minnesota – if we seal the air seepage from the top – the more air will be retained inside your home keeping your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer. We are also specialists in blown in spray foam insulation, fiberglass insulation in addition to cellulose insulation.
Insulation Minneapolis | For the best team of insulation installers in Minneapolis give Century Insulation a Call!
Whether you’re building a new property, putting up drywall, finishing your basement, remedying your ice dam issues, or just wanting to lower your monthly energy bills – Century Insulation Minneapolis MN is your best choice insulation contractor MN for all your Minnesota insulation service needs! Contact our Minneapolis insulation contractor today for answers to your questions or to set up an in-home or office consultation at (763) 270-8765!