Residential Insulation Company in Mendota Heights MN | What is Residential Insulation?
Residential insulation is one of the most cost-effective ways to improve your home’s energy efficiency. It can also block cold and hot air from entering your home, reduce indoor noise, and help prevent unwanted moisture from damaging walls or floors. Spray foam insulation is also a great solution for insulating attics, cathedral or vented crawl spaces, basements, or other areas where traditional insulation products are impractical to use. Spray foam can seal gaps around plumbing, wiring, and ductwork within your home. Residential Insulation Company in Mendota Heights MN
What is Residential Insulation?
Residential insulation is a common choice for homeowners looking to improve the comfort and efficiency of their homes. There are many different types of residential insulation products, but spray foam insulation is a great choice if you want to make sure that your attic, crawlspace, or basement is properly insulated. Spray foam can be applied in any type of space and used on almost any surface, including hard-to-reach places like around electrical wires or plumbing lines. It’s also an excellent solution for sealing air gaps between walls and floors that may cause drafts in your home.
Residential Spray Foam Insulation
Spray foam insulation is the best choice for residential and commercial insulation. Spray foam is a superior product for insulating attics, cathedral or vented crawl spaces, basements, or other areas where traditional insulation products are impractical to use. When you want to get the job done right, spray foam is your solution!
Spray foam can be installed in many different places throughout your home. You can use it to insulate chimneys and walls, even under slabs and in crawl space areas where traditional methods won’t work well. If you have an older home with uneven floors or ceilings that need some help staying warm in winter months then spray foam may be just what you need!
Spray Foam Insulation vs. Other Insulation Types
Spray foam insulation is a superior product to fiberglass and cellulose. It has been shown to help save homeowners money on energy bills and improve indoor air quality.
Fiberglass insulation is the least expensive type of residential insulation, but it’s also one of the least effective at insulating your home. Cellulose insulation is an alternative that does a better job than fiberglass, but spray foam can outperform both fiberglass and cellulose:
- Spray Foam Insulation is more R-value per inch (R-13) than either fiberglass or cellulose insulation products. This means you get more bang for your buck when using spray foam instead of other types of materials.
- Spray Foam Insulation provides better thermal performance by sealing off all wall penetrations while preventing heat loss through those cracks, crevices, and holes between studs that pests love to hide out!
- Spray Foam Insulation requires less labor because it expands into place without needing anything else (like batts or loose fill). This helps keep costs low overall since there are fewer necessary materials for installation compared with other types such as “batts” or loose fill which require large amounts of labor.
Best Uses for Spray Foam Insulation
Spray foam insulation is ideal for sealing gaps around plumbing, wiring, ductwork, and other areas within your home. Spray foam insulation can be used to seal walls, floors, ceilings, and other areas within your home.
Spray foam insulation is also a superior product for insulating attics, cathedral or vented crawl spaces, basements, or other areas where traditional insulation products are impractical to use. Spray foam can be installed in any area of your home, including the attic, basement, crawl space, and garage.
Air sealing your home with spray foam insulation helps stop unwanted air and moisture leaks. These leaks can:
- Save you money on energy bills by preventing cold drafts, increasing the efficiency of your heating system, and reducing your carbon footprint.
- Improve the health of your family—no more moldy smells or allergens.
- Improve the comfort of your home—less noise intrusion, better temperature control, and fewer hot spots that make rooms feel stuffy in warmer weather.
- Improve the safety of your home—prevents fires caused by poorly vented appliances like furnaces, stoves, or water heaters.
Improving Indoor Air Quality
Spray foam can also improve indoor air quality by reducing dust mites, mold, mildew, allergens such as pollen and pet dander, radon gas, carbon monoxide, and other harmful chemicals.
- Dust mites: these microscopic bugs are one of the most common allergic reactions people have to their environment. They live in mattresses or pillows made from animal hair (such as wool or feathers), carpeting with high-pile fibers that trap dead skin cells from humans (especially children) — even upholstered furniture.
- Mold & Mildew: behind walls that are not properly insulated moisture can build up which leads to black mold growths on your walls. These spores are very dangerous for your health especially if you have asthma since they can trigger an attack at any time! Spray foam insulation will prevent moisture buildup so there is no room for mold growth inside your home!
Save Money on Energy Bills
Spray foam insulation can help reduce your energy bills by keeping your home cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Spray foam is also an excellent way to seal air leaks that can cause a home’s HVAC system to work harder than it needs to.
If you are looking for ways to save money on energy bills, residential spray foam insulation may be able to help!
Residential Insulation Company in Mendota Heights MN
We hope that this article has helped you to understand the benefits of spray foam insulation and how it can improve your home. If you want to learn more about residential insulation, contact us today. We are Century Insulation, located in Mendota Heights, Minnesota, and would be happy to help answer any insulation-related questions.