Saint Paul Attic Insulation Contractors | Interesting Insulation Facts
Here are some fun historical facts about home insulation and how over the centuries people have found ways to conserve energy in their living quarters. At Century Insulation, our team of Saint Paul Attic insulation contractors use modern techniques and materials such as, fiberglass insulation, spray foam insulation, cellulose insulation and blown in insulation for your St Paul MN home attic insulation project, in addition to your ceilings, floors, and walls! Below you can read how in ancient times how people would insulate their home: Saint Paul Attic Insulation Contractors
- There was a time when people would use mud and straw to help keep energy from escaping their homes. In the ancient civilizations of Mesopotamia and Byzantine, many of the cities were built with mud and brick, with mud applied in a very precise way to ensure there was limited air seepage from their homes.
- From mud people began to use asbestos for home insulation projects, and soon after they were on to using fiberglass insulation. This we can see is a great transition due to the harmful health effects of asbestos. There are some old homes in Saint Paul Minnesota that still have asbestos, and as a responsible St Paul homeowner one should be aware of its harmful effects on one’s lungs and make sure he installs a better form of insulation before he lives in the house or has tenants move in.
- Did you know that if you’re home was not well insulated and had air leakage, you would lose over sixty percent of energy due to the lack of good home insulation in your walls, attic, ceilings and floors?
- Today there are so many different kinds of insulation that can be used for your home that are safe and effective. Our team of Insulation Contractors at Century Insulation offer all the following kinds of insulation options for your St Paul MN home:
- Fiberglass Insulation,
- Blown In Insulation,
- Blown Fiberglass Insulation
- Spray Foam Insulation
- Cellulose Insulation
Saint Paul Attic Insulation Contractors | How Do You Know If Your Home Is Poorly Insulated?
So how will you know if your home is poorly insulated? Well, first and foremost, if your home is extra hot in the summer (hotter than it is outside), and cooler in the winter – this would be the first warning sign of bad insulation. Severe and consistent mold growth around your home in addition to exorbitant energy bills for your cooling and heating are other factors that indicate your home is poorly insulated.
Spray Foam Insulation St Paul MN | Century Insulation
Century Insulation can help you insulate your home or commercial property in St Paul Minnesota. Our services include spray foam insulation, attic insulation, cellulose insulation, and fiberglass insulation. If you’re not sure which one is best for you, feel free to contact one of our insulation contractors to come and inspect your house and help you determine which solution works best for you!