When Should You Remove Your Insulation & Replace It?
Have you had your current insulation for a long time? Are you wondering if it might be a good time to remove your old insulation and to replace it with new insulation? It’s not always easy to know when you should replace your insulation or if replacing your insulation is even necessary. Here are some tips to help you know when you should consider removing your insulation and doing an insulation replacement: St Paul MN Insulation Contractors
Why Having Up-To-Date Insulation Is Important:
Since your home’s insulation is your home’s first line of defense against the elements, it’s extremely important to make sure that the insulation in your home is up-to-date–among other reasons. Here are just some of the many reasons why you should make sure that your home’s insulation is up-to-date and functioning efficiently:
- It will keep your home warm in winter and cool in summer.
- It will keep your energy bills down.
- It will make your home more energy-efficient.
- It helps to dampen noise.
- It helps to keep pests out.
- It helps to prevent water-related damage or issues.
- It helps to protect your home from ice dams, flooding, fires, and more.
- It helps to improve the indoor air quality in your home.
- It helps to reduce drafts and air leaks.
If you think that your home is in need of an insulation upgrade, then you should consider replacing your old insulation and installing new insulation in its place.
When Should You Remove Your Insulation?
While insulation is made to last for a long time, it isn’t indestructible. Moreover, there are certain factors that can affect the quality and performance of your insulation that you should know about and take into consideration when trying to determine whether or not your insulation may need to be removed and replaced. Here are some signs that you should remove your insulation and install new insulation in its place:
- Your insulation’s consistency has changed and become flat, matted, or warped.
- Your insulation was exposed to water or excessive moisture/condensation.
- Your insulation was infested by pests.
- Your insulation was damaged by fire.
- Your insulation is moldy or mildewy.
- Your insulation is excessively old or was installed before building standards changed.
Spray Foam Insulation Minneapolis-St Paul MN | Century Insulation
Century Insulation can help you insulate your home or commercial property in Minneapolis-St Paul MN. Our services include spray foam insulation, attic insulation, cellulose insulation, and fiberglass insulation. If you’re not sure which one is best for you, feel free to contact one of our insulation contractors to come and inspect your house and help you determine which solution works best for you!